Natural Ways to Take Good Care of Your Skin
- Use sunscreen that offers broad-spectrum protection. Choose a water-resistant sunscreen product with an SPF of 30 or higher. Make sure that you apply it on any part of your skin not covered by sun-protective clothing. Follow recommendations on when to apply and re-apply.
- Use a lip sunscreen or lip balm with SPF 30 or higher.
- Avoid being out for long periods of time when the sun’s rays are strongest. Find a shade if you have to or make sure that you are wearing clothes that offer ample protection from the sun.
- Eat healthy and choose foods that are good for your skin like avocado, carrots, citrus fruits, extra virgin olive oil, strawberries, and tomatoes among others.
- Be gentle with your skin. Use the right skin care product for your skin type.
- Use mild face and body care products. Choose products that use natural ingredients. Or you can make your own skincare products using ingredients you can easily find in your home or at a farmers’ market.
- Keep stress in check. Take time to relax and do things that will help manage stress in your everyday life.
- Hydrate by drinking water regularly.
- Get enough sleep.